Researchers at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing with the permission of the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center are conducting a study to learn more about the lived experience of individuals who experienced a military sexual trauma.
You may take part in this research study if you:
- Have experienced a military sexual trauma (sexually assaulted or harassed while serving in the military) during any era, conflict, or peacetime
You may not take part in this research study if you:
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the interview
- Are experiencing psychotic or manic symptoms which would interfere with your being able to focus on the interview
- Are currently experiencing an acute crisis which would prohibit you from being able to focus on the interview
- Are currently seen by the researcher for care (to be determined during intial phone contact)
What will be asked of you to do?
- Talk with the female researcher to learn more about the study so you can make an informed decision
- Be willing to talk about your life after the military sexual trauma occurred
- Participate in an interview of about 60-90 minutes (you may be asked to participate in a second interview if you agree to it)
- Review a summary of the findings from everyone who participated ot ensure your experience is accurately represented
You will be compensated for participation in this study.
If you are interested in learning more about this study or if you have questions, please contact the researcher at 440-382-8636