Pepsi is giving millions of dollars to people, businesses and non-profits that have great ideas on helping their community. Awards are of varying amounts ($5k - $250k) and are given out based on the amount of support an idea receives.
(Looking for a video that can explain this project better than I did? Check it out! http://www.refresheverything.com/)
It's definitely inspiring to learn about all the great ideas floating around on their website! I strongly suggest you find a few minutes to browse around. It left me feeling uplifted and optimistic - something that doesn't happen all that often!
And we're fortunate enough to have not only an entry that is local but is also based around preventing the sexual victimization of children.
A Westlake woman has created a molestation prevention program for schools to use to reach young children. The following are the goals of the program:
- Heighten kid's awareness that people they know can cause them harm.
- To educate (empower) children to prevent or stop child molestation.
- To educate children about appropriate & inappropriate touches.
- Advance development of my program to be used nationally in schools.
- To gain funding toward video, doll, & book production for this program
You can also sign up for daily reminders at: http://reinventingthecycle.org/