Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Charity Poker

The poker festival is coming and I am super jealous I cannot be there; however, the reason I will not be there is that I will be on my honeymoon in Costa Rica and well... its my honeymoon so I am going to go to that!! BUT if things go well this year and we get asked back next year I will be there FOR SURE.

I was super excited when I got to go see the room where the poker takes place. It is a really neat looking room full of tables. The tables have fancy card shuffling machines in them (which I guess are really expensive and not all places have them so it’s pretty cool that they have them).

My favorite thing that the guy we met with said was “You don’t need to know how to play the game. You need to come to the training but you don’t need to know who won, the people sitting at the table will tell you who won and will probably help you with anything else you need help with”. This was nice to hear since I don’t have a clue about the rules.

If you are not excited about dealing there are other opportunities to help. Collecting the money, counting the money, signing people in when they arrive, etc. It seems like no matter what your job, there will be a lot of energy in the room and it will raise the CRCC a good amount of money in a pretty short period of time.

We need to make sure that this event goes well so that we get invited back and I can deal next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment