So these are our numbers for 2009 - numbers you should all be extremely proud of. But take a moment to think about the people behind these numbers ...
- The teenage girl assaulted by a friend who doesn't have anyone to believe or support her
- The mother who is outraged that her child was assaulted and wants to seek her own justice
- The teacher who had a student disclose to her and isn't sure what to do or where to go to help the student
- The developmentally delayed boy who doesn't understand what the medical examination will consist of
- The woman who was assaulted years ago by a stranger and has been dealing well with what happened until she received a letter that her perpetrator has been identified by law enforcement
- The father who blames himself for not preventing the assault of his young children
- The young girl who doesn't understand why her perpetrator wasn't arrested and tried immediately like on television
- The woman confused that she can't remember anything at all that happened last night but a friend walked in and witnessed her assault
- The elderly woman who had to reach out and hear someone's voice to help her through the night
- and 3,451 other acts of service you've performed!
A well-deserved round of applause for all of you!
From the bottom of my heart and behalf of all those you've helped, THANK YOU!