Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid!"

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with...."

Does that movie quote sound familiar? It's good old Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation. I think we're all guilty of watching reruns of classic holiday movies such as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, or the yearly 24-hour marathon of The Christmas Story. My family really is something out of Christmas Vacation, and I do have somewhat of an Uncle Eddie (except his name is just not Eddie), so I feel a particularly strong connection to the movie.

What are some of your favorite holiday movies? Do you watch them year after year, and still laugh at all of the same parts?

"Okay, people, tomorrow morning 10am, Santa's coming to town!"
"Santa! Oh my god! Santa, here? I know him! I know him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment