Thursday, April 29, 2010

Allow me to introduce ... Candice Markle

I'd like everyone to meet Candice (Candi) Markle. A great Hotline and F2F Advocate since last summer. I think after "meeting" her, you'll agree that Candi is a great asset to survivors and our 24-Hour Programs.

What do you enjoy most about volunteering with the CRCC?
That we are able to make such an immediate impact on people; I enjoy that people know they have a number to call and that someone will be on the other end of the line, even just to listen.

What do you find most challenging about your volunteer work? That I cannot do more ... we hear from individuals in crisis but then our part of their story ends.

What do you when you're not volunteering?
I am a full-time graduate student in the Community Counseling program at John Carroll. I also work full-time as a supervisor for Koinonia Homes - partnering with individuals with developmental disabilities.

What else do you do in your free time?
I enjoy getting together with friends, reading a good book , watching the Cavs, a glass of wine ...

If you had a TV show, what would your theme song be? What would the show be about? Who would play you?
The theme song would be something by Tori Amos, perhaps Happy Phantom. In the show, people would send in requests and wishes and I would go, with a team of people, and make some of them come true so I would play myself!

If you had a magic wand and 3 wishes, what would those wishes be?
All humans would be treated equally - including women and the lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender population; there would be a cure for cancer; and I would never have to worry financially.

Favorites...
Book: Just one?! Anything by David Sedaris
Movie: Mulholland Drive
Website or blog: http://www.postsecret.com/
Meal: Vegetarian Pad Thai
Spot in your house: My back deck when it is nice and sunny out!


Candi is pictured in her wedding dress. She was married last July at Squire's Castle in the MetroParks.

No comments:

Post a Comment