Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Appreciate you


Volunteers-

Although you have probably started receiving your Thank Yous in the mail with a short thank you from me, I wanted to post a thank you for the whole blogging world to see.

Not everyone can do this work. The work that you do is hard. It’s emotionally taxing and a big time commitment. I thank you for making the commitment to volunteer with the CRCC and the work you do with survivors, and their loved ones.

The difference you make is huge. It’s huge in the lives of the people you work with and I believe through the work we do we are making a change in society. A 15 minute phone call or a an hour-long Face to Face call may change that person’s outlook and understanding of what happened. Because you answered the phone or meet someone at the hospital that person has heard that it was not their fault that they were sexually assaulted. They know that it is their choice if they want to press charges or not and that it is ok if they do not want to press charges. They know that it is not ok or right that this happened to them.

I have enjoyed getting to know many of you through the Continuing Education Series and other events here at the Center and I hope to get to know even more of you.

Thank you for all that you do.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment