Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thank you, Steve

Thank you to Steve Wertheim of 211.


Steve presented on services and programs that 211 offers. As Steve talked it became clear why we often refer callers to 211. 211 Cuyahoga County is one of the Top 10 211s in the country.

I can’t list all that they do but here are some of the things.
  • They are the Homeless Hotline and have a list of all of the shelters and who has openings.

  • They are the Foreclosure Prevention Hotline and offer services to prevent foreclosures.

  • They offer a translation system so that a caller can speak any language and they will be able to get a translator on the phone with them.

  • They offer assistance with prescriptions and medical care.

  • They have a list of food pantries that are open on any given day and can tell callers which Food Bank is the one they should be going to.

  • They offer information on programming for seniors.

  • They can tell a caller what documentation they need to bring with them when applying for social services.

They have an on line database of services that callers can access or you can simply refer to 211 Cleveland. If a caller has an issue that you are not sure where to refer them - 211 will probably have the answer.


Additional Continuing Education Dates Scheduled.

April 15th Lydia Troha from the Board of Developmental Disabilities

May 17th Tracie Paine a Neuroscientist presenting on PTSD and the Brain

June 16th

July 21st

August 31st

September 20th

October 20th

November 18th

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. As I mentioned in my evaluation, I throughly enjoyed the topic. I believe this will help me as a hotline advocate in the event that a caller also reports difficulties obtaining resources outside of the CRCC (such as food, etc).

    On a side note, I'm trying to think of ways I can inform students at my university regarding 211 services.

    Fantastic presentation! I can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete